In consideration of The GHSCMI allowing the User to use and occupy the Facilities, and by accepting this Agreement the User agrees as follows:
Online Indoor Training Facility bookings All facility bookings made online are paid in full and in advance, refunds will not be given for cancellations made on the part of the renter. If a mistake is made while booking online, you must notify GHSCMI immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancelations must be made online at least 7 days in advance. No refunds or reschedleuing will be allowed within 7 days. ALL BOOKINGS MUST BE MADE FOR AT LEAST 60 MINUTES, A MINIMUM OF 2 30-MINUTE SLOTS MUST BE BOOKED. AN EXTRA 30 MINUTE CHARGE WILL BE ADDED TO THE INVOICE FOR ALL 30 MINUTE BOOKINGS.
Note - GHSC pitching machines do not accommodate slo-pitch. Slo-Pitch rentals must supply their own pitcher and book in tunnels B2 and B3.
The Pitching lanes are not to be used for live hitting of any kind including softball, baseball or cricket.
Indemnity. The User will indemnify and save harmless GHSCMI from and against all losses, claims, actions, damages, liability and expenses (including any legal expenses incurred by GHSCMI) arising from or in connection with the use of, or presence in, the Facilities by the User, any person invited or allowed into the facility by the User, or any person for whom the User is responsible.
Waiver. The user waives any and all claims against, releases from liability and agrees not to sue GHSCMI, its officers, employees, agents and representatives, for any personal injury, death, property damage or any other loss sustained by the User or for which the User may be responsible arising out of, or in connection with the User’s use of, or presence in, the above noted Facilities.
No Warranty. GHSCMI makes no warranty expressed or implied with regard to the safety or suitability of the Facilities or their fitness for the User’s purpose; the User accepts the Facilities as is, at its own risk.
Mechanical Breakdown. GHSCMI takes no responsibly for any mechanical failures that should occur including: heating and cooling systems, electrical, plumbing and water issues.
1. Some facility bookings require a deposit, refunds will not be given for cancellations made on the part of the user.
2. Invoices will be sent out following the event that will reflect real usage. If extra time from the original booking was used, this will be reflected on the invoice. This encompasses the time the rental is opened until the last person leaves.
3. The GHSCMI will not exercise its right to cancel a booking in an unreasonable manner and will provide as much notice as possible to the User. Where the cancellation of the booking is not caused through breach or default of the User, the Rental Fee paid will be reimbursed and this Agreement will be cancelled.
4. Where The GHSCMI cancels a booking for any reason, the User agrees that The GHSCMI is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage suffered by the User. In this case, the User will have no claim or right to damages, or reimbursement on account of any loss, damage, or expense whatsoever.
5. The GHSCMI reserves the right to cancel a booking or terminate this Agreement for the following reasons:
a) There is a breach of this Agreement by the User;
b) The Facilities are not being used for the purpose set out in the application
c) The Facilities require technical or emergency repairs which cannot be performed at any other time
1. Staking of sharp objects (including flags, shade structures and tents) into any turf is prohibited.
2. Marking, painting or taping on any surface is strictly prohibited.
3 Substances that may stain the turf, such as ointments or sunscreen must be kept outside the turfed area.
4. Any person using chewing tobacco or sunflower seeds in any area will be asked to leave immediately.
5. Metal cleats are forbidden on any surface. Footwear on artificial turf fields must be approved by the GHSCMI
1. When you arrive for your rental please alert staff and he/she will review the room with you
2. The user will leave the rental venue in a clean and orderly condition. After the completion of the booking, GHSCMI will assess the condition of the rental venue to determine whether the rental venue has been left in a reasonable manner. If GHSCMI determines, in its sole discretion, that the Rental Venue was not left in a reasonable and orderly condition, or damage to the space occurred, the User will pay to GHSCMI, (due immediately upon receipt of invoice), GHSCMI’s then current rates for cleaning, with a minimum cost of $50.00 and or the cost of equipment repair or replacement.
3. Bylaw No. 8286 The Smoking Control Bylaw prohibits smoking or vaping in indoor and outdoor public places owned or operated by the City of Saskatoon including the use of all cannabis products.
4. No outside food or drink is allowed. Due to public health regulations, any food left over from function in the banquet room cannot leave the premises.
5. GHSCMI does not supply security personnel. The GHSCMI has the authority to shut down any Event where activities, equipment usage, or participant behavior are in violation of this Agreement or any of The GHSCMI rules or policy, or pose a threat of injury or damage.
7. GHSCMI does not accept liability for any loss or damage to goods stored or set up prior to arrival, during your event or what may be left behind.
9. Insurance. The GHSCMI shall be responsible to maintain property and liability insurance with respect to the Facilities in amount and with such coverages as a prudent owner would maintain. GHSCMI reserves the right to request additional insurance to be presented at least 2 weeks prior to any scheduled event. Users that are members of a PSGB can make a request directly to their PSGB to tie into their liability insurance (those requests usually have to be made a month in advance).
10. Noise such as music and PA announcements from sporting events hosted at the Gordie Howe Sports Complex may occur during your event
Menu – The details will be arranged directly with our food service providers, Flavours Catering. They are responsible for working with you on the set up of the facility. All applicable taxes and 10% gratuity will be added to all food and beverage services.
Alcohol service is supplied through GHSCMI. All alcohol is served in accordance with provincial liquor laws. All alcoholic beverages must be consumed in licensed areas only.
Last call is at 1:00am, bar is closed at 1:30am. Banquet facilities must be empty by 2:00am
Any and all music must be confirmed prior to your event with Flavours. All entertainment providers must view the facility to ensure all technical needs are met as they must bring their own equipment. Music is to be concluded at 1:30am.
There is one 60-inch television monitor at the front of each boardroom with the main hall having ones on the sides as well. The mid room speakers will project sound. To hook up to these you will need an HDMI connection on your computer.
A ceiling projector that projects to a wall space is available in the Main Hall if requested, at no cost to the user. A wired microphone and stand can also be provided at no cost to the user in the Main Hall if requested.
“The User” shall supply their own computer, necessary cords and adapters that hook up to wall HDMI Connection provided for video or meeting needs.
The following equipment can be rented at an extra charge: lapel microphones, extra projector and screen as well as the use of an Audio-Visual Tech. Should any of the above items be rented the AV Tech will be booked for set up.
If you require the use of the projector or audio system, this must be tested prior to the event to ensure everything is in working order. Please arrange a time with Flavours to do this. Flavours Catering or Gordie Howe Sports Complex Management Inc will not be responsible if there are technical issues.
Decorating the night before the wedding must be requested at the time of booking your event. You will only be allowed to decorate the night before if another event has not been booked. Access to the banquet room for decorating must be confirmed by GHSCMI.
Articles are not to be fastened to the walls or fixtures. The use of tacks, tape, nails, screws, or any tools that may mark or damage is not allowed. Removable tape or command hooks must be used.
© 2022 Pacific Tier Solutions. All rights reserved. | (63) | Powered By Book King