ESC MEMBERSHIP REFUND OPERATIONAL POLICY
Membership refunds are done on a case by case basis by the administration.
ESC PROGRAM POLICIES & PROCEDURES
This policy covers all programs, activities, workshops and events offered by Edmonton Seniors Centre,
including online programming.
Edmonton Seniors Centre, staff, instructors and/or volunteers cannot be held liable for any physical injuries
incurred during any of the Centre’s events, programs and activities.
Members registering for programs will be given priority over associate members, reciprocal members, and
- Associate members are those persons under the age of 55.
- Reciprocal members are those with a current membership at: Central Lions, North Edmonton Seniors
Centre, Sage, South East Edmonton Seniors Assoc., NWESA, SWESA, Millwoods, ICAN, Edmonton Indigenous
Seniors Centre, Westend Seniors Activity Centre, Strathcona Place Society, St. Albert Senior Citizens’ Club, the
Jewish Senior Centre, and any member of the YEG Seniors Alliance.
- Valid reciprocal memberships will be recognized for instructional programs and social programs.
- All non-members will be charged an additional fee.
Registration will take place either online via the registration website, by phone by calling the centre, or at the
back-office desk when the centre has reopened. Full payment is due at time of registration.
- Programs must have the minimum number of participants registered 48 hoursr to the program start date to
- Participants are not registered until the program fees have been paid.
- Late registration will be allowed ONLY if space permits and if the instructor and administrative staff agree.
Payment will be due in full at that time and program costs will not be pro-rated.
- Until further notice, due to COVID19, we will not be doing drop-in fee.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel programs with insufficient registration, at which time refunds will
be issued to those who have paid.
- The ESC membership is requirement is waived until further notice due to the pandemic. Non-members may
participate in non-instructional programs and social programs, etc. But all participants must fill out a
reciprocal membership form, sign all waivers, and ensure up to date emergency contact information.
- Credit, debit, or cheque, at least 48 hours prior to the program start date.
- Receipts issued for program registrations are NOT tax deductible.
- Financial assistance may be available in certain circumstances. Please discuss with the Asst. Executive
Director or the Executive Director. Your tax documents will need to be provided.
Withdrawal from a program does not constitute grounds for a refund. If you have a medical
note from your doctor a refund will be issued.
No program fees will be refunded unless the program is cancelled by Edmonton Seniors Centre or
there is a medical note from your doctor.